function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kurt.carterkurt.carter 

limitations and cost

Hello to all,

Real newbie question here so I apologize if this isn't pure dev talk.

What are the limitations on developing new business apps on force.com and what will it cost per user to host them here?

We are looking at bringing our app online to force.com but need to know cost of the business model. I've heard it will be $25 per user/per month. Can anyone confirm that? Is there a limit to the number of tabs etc?

Thank you in advance,

Kurt
RickyGRickyG
Kurt

Please refer to this page for a description of Platform Edition.  I believe there are some promotions ongoing at this time which may result in a lower cost.

Hope this helps.

kurt.carterkurt.carter
Hi RickyG,

thank you for the info. Yes, I already know about this page but it doesn't give any clues about better pricing than $50/per user/month.

Any idea where I can find more information.

Also that is prohibitive for small business customers when you look at the cost base we're currently dealing with.  If we are only selling our applications for a modest fee, in some cases, similar to the cost of salesforce, there is not a lot of room to make money in this scenario.

Perhaps there should be a small business pricing and a corporate pricing schedule.

If we were a large software vendor dealing with large corporate clients, the infrastructure cost savings would probably justify it. But for smaller vendors like us, the savings aren't there because our infrastructure costs are relatively lower. I imagine salesforce.com didn't really consider this when conceiving force.com.

this is the feedback I'm providing in the hopes that we can make it work for us. Small businesses are a completely different animal from large corporations and ISV's like us who sell to them are different from those who sell to large corporations too.

Cheers,

Kurt