function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sushsush 

Mail Notifications in Sandbox system

Hi.. I have written workflow rules with email as action in our sandbox system. But we are not getting any notification even when simple criteria.. Is it a problem with sandbox? did anyone face the same problem? Thanks in advance..
SreerupSreerup
Hi,
    I think it's more of a security issue rather than anything else.
    It happened that our company's network security system used to block any emails that was being sent by salesforce.com. We have to resolve the issue by talking with the NSS guys.
    Are you receiving any emails when you are creating that email alert in your production enviroment??  
glen martinglen martin
A Sandbox is a very good copy of your production instance, and can be used for most development, testing and training scenarios.  There are, however, a number of known and intended differences between sandbox and production instances, which are generally documented in the online Help.  To see these, log in to any of your Salesforce instances, click Help & Training, and search for "Sandbox Differences".

In this specific case, sandbox intentionally doesn't send emails to users or customers because those emails may be delivered to people who don't use the Sandbox and who will thus be confused or annoyed. For example, when testing campaigns you probably don't want emails to be sent to your real contacts.  The testing of workflow rules may send emails to end-users copied from your production instance who aren't involved in sandbox testing.

I've just reviewed the help page I mentioned above and see that it inadvertently omitted mention of this sandbox difference.  I'll have that fixed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have been considering new features in this area, and welcome suggestions for this or other sandbox enhancements via the IdeaExchange.

Thanks for your post,

glen