function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul WeedenPaul Weeden 

Processing XML Data Attached to Emails

Hi

We are using a payment processing system (element 5) to handle our eCommerce payments however, the only integration element 5 offer to external systems is in the form of an email with XML attachment.

I was wondering, bit of a long shot, can Salesforce accept and parse inbound emails and attachments or am I going to have to use an intermediary server, parse the file myself and then use the API to update data within Salesforce.com??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Paul
aezellaezell
Processing inbound emails is coming soon, but is not possible yet. Also forthcoming is the ability to parse and manipulate XML in Apex Code.

So, neither of the things you wish to do are currently possible, but they will be soon.
Paul WeedenPaul Weeden
Aezell

Hi, thanks for that, guess I'm going to have to get a bit clever until then!!

Also, I'm not up on my Sf.com release names.... does Winter 08 mean that it will be released at some point between Dec 07 and Feb 08 or Dec 08 and Feb 09?  I think it's the 1st one, if you could confirm that would be great as I couldn't find any more information on the web.

Thanks

Paul
aezellaezell
Actually, Winter '08 really means in the next few months. Typically, it is within the calendar year of 2007.
Paul WeedenPaul Weeden
Excellent - but it's about as clear as mud! ;-)