function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HeeseHeese 

Data Validation Rule Need Help

Can someone please help me with a data validation rule.  I need a rule that requires All of Field1, Field2, & Field 3 if the Probability Field is greater than 66%. 

Thanks for the help. 
CJagannathCJagannath

You can have following rule:

AND( Probability  > 66 , ISNULL(Field1), ISNULL(Field2), ISNULL(Field3))     [considering the data type of the field1, field2, field3 is text…… you can change the rule according to the field data type]

Thanks and regards,

Jagannath

HeeseHeese
Thank you for the reply.  If the three fields are value fields and require dollar amounts, how would i change the rule.  Thank you.
HeeseHeese
I am looking for something to add to this

AND (
  OR (
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Submitted Contract"),
     ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Signed Contract")),

ISNULL(   Amount  )
    )

Basically I need 2 more required value fields in addtion to amount.  Do i need another AND statement?. 
CJagannathCJagannath

No you don’t need another AND statement for this.

Thanks and regards,

Jagannath

lanebakerlanebaker

I also need some help.  My techs are closing support cases without filling in the "reason" field.  I have made this a required field.. but it is only required before actually editing the case.  If you click on "close case" then the second screen pops up and allows you to close (even though you haven't put a reason in the first page). 

Thanks

Lane

rpr2rpr2
Add the Reason field for the Case Close Page Layout, and make it required there.