function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CLTexidorCLTexidor 

Remove Certain Users from Receiving email Alerts from SF

How can I get a message removed from all staff except for those who need the message? Not sure how you do this, but I don't want these messages going to the full team.

Thanks,
CLT

Greg HGreg H
It depends on the reminders.  If you are talking about those weekly/monthly reminders about opportunities then each user can manage the frequency or turn them off by simply clicking Setup > Personal Setup > Email > My Update Reminder.

If you are referring to reminders that you trigger via workflow then you need to modify the list of recipients.
-greg
CLTexidorCLTexidor
Hi,

I was actually referring to the reminders sent from Sales force.  For EX: Storage limit, etc.

I'm not sure if this is something I can do, or do I contact SF to have the entire group removed from that email. 

Thanks for your reply, it's greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Caroline
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke

You will have to take the "manage user" permission away from the users that should not recieve the email.

Here is the help text for it:

At the present time, it is not possible to designate who should receive the "storage warning" emails that are sent from salesforce.com when your organization nears its allocated storage limit. This communication is sent to every user in the application that has the "Manage Users" permission on their profile.

The "manage users" permission should be present on the profile of every users that receives this communication. The only way to prevent the delivery of this email going forward, is to remove this permission from the profiles in question.

JorgeSFDCJorgeSFDC
Do you know from which email address salesforce sends the "storage limit has been reached" notification?