function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mfleischmfleisch 

Problem using retreive() to get CustomObjectTranslation object

I am using the 14.0 Metadata API to download the CustomObjectTranslation object using retrieve(). The zip file that I get has all the objectTranslation XML files that I would expect to get back however it seams as though some of the fields are missing.  It has caseValues, gender, and nameFieldLabel in the objectTranslation XML file but it is missing some fields like fullName, fields (CustomFieldTranslation[]), Layouts ... etc. I was looking specifically for customFieldTranslations. I know that 14.0 is new so I was wondering if this is a known issue or if I am just doing something wrong.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mfleischmfleisch
Thanks for the help. I got it working .... it looks like if you download CustomObject in the same retrieve() as CustomObjectTranslation you will get the fields data in the objectTranslations XML file.

All Answers

JonPJonP
I believe that with custom object translations, much like profiles, you have to actually download the objects and fields whose translations you want, in the same retrieve() request.  Try that out and see if it gets you anywhere.
mfleischmfleisch
Thanks for the help. I got it working .... it looks like if you download CustomObject in the same retrieve() as CustomObjectTranslation you will get the fields data in the objectTranslations XML file.
This was selected as the best answer