function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gv007gv007 

Environmental Issue

Hi we are a developer team using force.com unlimited edition,right now we got a problem working with eclipse and code sharing .we are using sandbox every developer was using a admin account for development flexibility and ,we got problem because availability of permission to all the person in the team creating issues ,code changes hipping with out knowledge of other person and if a new developer joined some environment issues coming when using eclipse.

for resolve this type of issues ,any code shareing tool is supported bye force.com platform and any good documetaion or blog thats would great we are geting trouble working with eclipse.
werewolfwerewolf
You can use any source control platform that works with Eclipse.  Personally I'm a fan of Subversion.
gv007gv007
ok thanks .Can you give me how to use control tools using force.com.or any documentaion or step bye step.
werewolfwerewolf
Source control tools aren't specific to the Force.com platform; they are freestanding and work with Eclipse.  I suggest you look up Subversion and the Eclipse plugin Subclipse.  Of course, there are lots of different source control providers, Subversion is a free open source one but there are many others.
arnt72arnt72
With Unlimited you can created several developer sandboxes. Why not give every developer one of those so they can do live testing in the interface? One lead developer can then pull the code from all the sandboxes together and push to another sandbox for testing of interoperability.

I also recommend subversion/subclipse for code control. You can rent a hosted SVN server for a few $ to hold your code if you don't want to set up your own subversion server.