function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Colin LoretzColin Loretz 

Product records - Price does not follow Org decimal places

When creating products in Salesforce, I have the need to create products with prices of up to 4 decimal places. IE: $0.0085

When that value is entered, the record is saved as $0.00. Our organization is setup to handle up to 4 decimal places in values. It does not even attempt to round the value to $0.01, it just drops the last two decimals.

As a test, I created my own Product and Pricebook objects, entered the price of $0.0085 in a currency field and the value is maintained perfectly. I would prefer to keep everything in the standard Products object because of the existing functionality that exists for them.

Has anyone else encountered this or know a work around?
Colin LoretzColin Loretz
Seeing as how no one has encountered this issue, I've decided to use CPM for these type of products.

Instead of $0.0085, the product now has a list price of $8.50 and a custom product field that indicates the item is a CPM item.

Apex code then checks the product and divides the list price by 1000 to arrive at $0.0085 with all the digits intact.

Cheers!
RogNoiaRogNoia
We have the same problem. We use CPM pricing and need more than 2 digits on the product line entries. (or at least be able to set the number of decimal places.