function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
developer-forcedeveloper-force 

Winter 09 release

Hi,

I saw the winter 09 release webinar and it has very promising features that I would like to use. But I already have an organization which is on 08. I have written Apex Classes, VF pages and custom objects. In the webinar it was mentioned that to use the new features in winter 09 i have to sign up for the developer edition.

My Question is
1. How do I migrate my code from 08 developer edition organization to newly signed up 09 developer edition organization.

2. What about other edition(GE, PE etc) organization do I have to migrate the code and Custom objects there as well? If yes then how?

Message Edited by developer-force on 10-17-2008 01:58 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_
developer-force, I'm hurt that you're not subscribed to our developer.force.com blog :-)  I posted something about the new DE org (and the effect on the existing ones) here.

Regards,
Jon

All Answers

Nazeer AhamedNazeer Ahamed
I don't think you need to sign up for new DE unless you care about SF licenses (platform, portal and partner).

All of other features are auto upgraded in your existing DE itself.
Hi Nazzy,
Thanks you are right I verified the features in my 08 DE and I can see the new features.But if I care about the SF licenses in Winter 09 DE how should I migrate my code?

Message Edited by developer-force on 10-17-2008 03:59 AM
developer-force, I'm hurt that you're not subscribed to our developer.force.com blog :-)  I posted something about the new DE org (and the effect on the existing ones) here.

Regards,
Jon
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Jon, I am sorry to hear that you are hurt my intention was not to do that. I have checked out your blog and subscribed to the blog. Thanks a lot for the valuable information.
Oh don't worry developer-force - I was just pulling your leg.

However, I *am* very pleased that you've subscribed :-)

Regards,
Jon
I have found out that to make semi-joins work in your existing 08 DE one has to make the Apex classes API version from 13 to 14. Also current available eclipse IDE for Force.com supports the version 13 of API(so try to save your Apex class is going to give you error). I guess the newer version of the eclipse IDE for version 14 of the API is going to be available by end of Oct 2008 according to the winter 09 webinar.