function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DupeNukemDupeNukem 

"Dynamic" Dashboards?

Hi,

My company has a dashboard set up for a particular account as a sort of "global template".  The dashboard is build off of underlying reports, primarily related to Opportunities.  Some of the elements are the equivalent of roll-up summary fields you could put on an Account record (e.g. Total Open Opportunities).  In total, we have about 20 elements on this "global template" dashboard. 

The challenge:  Is there a way to create a standard "template" for creating a dashboard quickly and populating the underlying reports with the data from an account that you specify?  The problem is that our company wants to perform this type of analysis on a large number of accounts (90+).  Multiply that by the number of individual elements / reports on each page, and you start to see what a time-consuming process this would be.

So far, our team has looked at creating a sort of "dynamic" dashboard link on the Account record.  When the user clicks on it, It launches a separate Visualforce page that brings in the roll-up summary field values, and includes links to "dynamic reports" (i.e. the link grabs the {!Account.Name} field and pushes it into the appropriate report parameters).  Still, this isn't quite what we would like to do, as we would (ideally) like to display all the info on one page.  It should be pointed out that we won't need to "save" these dashboards anywhere, though that would be potentially valuable if we could.

Appreciate any thoughts.

EmsEms
Curious to know if you ever got an answer on this - we'd love to do something similar!
Salesforce_PMPSalesforce_PMP

Please let me know if you were able to figure out a way to do this. I have similiar requirement and have not been able to get any support on this. Thanks.