function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
danlatdanlat 

Lead Layout to Opportunity Layout

Hi all,

This may be a stupid question, but say I have created a Lead Page Layout for a specific Record Type, is there a way to copy this to an Opportunity Page Layout without having to recreate it all over again for the same Record Type in Opportunites.?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SennahSennah

Hi danlat,

there is no specific functionality for this.

You may achieve it by using the MetaData API: Get the Salesforce IDE in Eclipse, do a export of the leads page layout, customize the XML accordingly and upload it to Salesforce again - as Oppti page layout of course.

This will be some work to set up and maybe learn/understand if you have not worked with Eclipse so far but it might be worth the work...

Cheers,

Hannes

All Answers

SennahSennah

Hi danlat,

there is no specific functionality for this.

You may achieve it by using the MetaData API: Get the Salesforce IDE in Eclipse, do a export of the leads page layout, customize the XML accordingly and upload it to Salesforce again - as Oppti page layout of course.

This will be some work to set up and maybe learn/understand if you have not worked with Eclipse so far but it might be worth the work...

Cheers,

Hannes

This was selected as the best answer
danlatdanlat

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for the reply.

Gonna install eclipse and try what you suggest, as you point out I think it will be worth it in the long run.

If I get stuck I may come back grovelling for help ;)

Thanks again.