function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jmaskelljmaskell 

Cross Objects

Is it posible for me to display on an Account, a field from an Opportunity product.

Reson being is that in our salesforce setup with have it so that whenever a product is added to an opportunity it creates an individual tracking number for that product. this helps us track the renewal date the following year.

Would it be posilbe to display these tracking numbers in a long box or collum on the account itself, saving time going into all opportunitys one by one on an account!

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Jake 

ccMarkccMark

Jake,

I think I get what you're trying to do here and it is possible using a trigger to capture all those details and put them on the Account.  However, I'm not sure that would be the most effective approach considering the work you'll have to put into building the field and maintaining it.

If you really need to see the data from each of the opportunity products, you may want to add the account to the opportunity product and setup a related list on the account.  You may also want to use a trigger to populate the account on the opportunity product based on the parent opportunity.  This should be relatively easy.

I've run into similar limitations and decided to post an idea to see if we can get some additional functionality on the related lists.   http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10098447/GrandParent_Related_Lists

a.schaefera.schaefer
Sounds like this might be a use case for the Asset object.
For more details on this go to your Setup > AppSetup > Customize > Assets
and click the link "Getting started with Assets"

HTH - Andreas