function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SrikantSrikant 

I am new to the developer force

I am new to the developer force. I was a developer working on a billing product. Currently we are looking at saas domain. I need to work on integrating our pages in sales force. We are providing tabs in sales force which navigates to our portal and so user can do operations.  Here we need some help how to integrate the data between the portals.

1. Whenever a prospect customer converted to customer, information should be passed to our portal. How this can be achieved. Can any body share the approach and sample code if possible.

2. Can we access the session related information related to accounts, leads etc.,.Can we pass those as querystring to our portal. So that customer data will be automatically populated in the page instead of enterring the account number again.

I am looking forward on this.

CyberfireCyberfire

Srikant - I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I may be able to assist with #2.

Our org has a custom button on the opportunity called "Agent Portal". It's an internal sales portal that has information passed from the opportunity to the page to reduce the amount of duplicate entry. This is done via an S-control, and here is a piece of the javascript:

window.open("https://yoururlhere.com/portal?campaign={!Opportunity.Campaign}-{!Opportunity.Opportunity_Number__c}&company={!Opportunity.Account}&firstname={!Opportunity.mappedfirstname__c}&lastname={!Opportunity.mappedlastname__c}&email={!Opportunity.mappedemail__c}&phone={!Opportunity.mappedphone__c}&tag={! Opportunity.Partner_Coupon__c}"); }

We also have some validation within the javascript to determine whether the data is correct, and if it is to execute the above string, otherwise give an error alert message. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you need clarification.

CyberfireCyberfire

Srikant - I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I may be able to assist with #2.

Our org has a custom button on the opportunity called "Agent Portal". It's an internal sales portal that has information passed from the opportunity to the page to reduce the amount of duplicate entry. This is done via an S-control, and here is a piece of the javascript:

window.open("https://yoururlhere.com/portal?campaign={!Opportunity.Campaign}-{!Opportunity.Opportunity_Number__c}&company={!Opportunity.Account}&firstname={!Opportunity.mappedfirstname__c}&lastname={!Opportunity.mappedlastname__c}&email={!Opportunity.mappedemail__c}&phone={!Opportunity.mappedphone__c}&tag={! Opportunity.Partner_Coupon__c}");
}

We also have some validation within the javascript to determine whether the data is correct, and if it is to execute the above string, otherwise give an error alert message. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you need clarification.