function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JaanekJaanek 

insufficient access rights on cross-reference id

Hello. I'm trying to set an AccountShare for a user with AccountAccessLevel=Edit, OpportunityAccessLevel=Read and CaseAccessLevel=None .
While i do this for a half of accounts it's setting them but it rejects to set it for the other half of accounts (different accounts & users). Below is a soap messages that fail & for the one that succeeds. Can you give me a reference what i may doing wrong? Or is it related with not setting the "RowCause" field?

Thank you.

FAIL SOAP MESSAGES:

REQUEST.

001300000053lWbAAI
00530000000eqfzAAA
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

false

SUCCESS SOAP MESSSAGES:
REQUEST.

001300000053hrTAAQ
00530000000eVPPAA2
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

00r3000000DnGwxAAF
true
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JaanekJaanek
Thanks for fast reply. I'm trying to create an Account Share while logged in as system admin. Why i didn't set that field before was because it errored me out with the following message (this is the error i get when i set RowCause):

Unable to create/update fields: RowCause. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.

I tried to set RowCause=Team

I think there is some place in the settings that i need to turn on but i cannot find it out from where. Can you help me on it please?

All Answers

JaanekJaanek
Seems when posting a message it doesn't accept xml. So here is another try. If this also doesn't go through then to note is that i'm not setting the "RowCause" field.

FAILED SOAP MESSAGES:
REQUEST.

001300000053lWbAAI
00530000000eqfzAAA
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

false

SUCCESS SOAP MESSAGE:
REQUEST.

001300000053hrTAAQ
00530000000eVPPAA2
Edit
Read
None

RESPONSE.

00r3000000DnGwxAAF
true
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Jaanek,

Not sure what the xml looks like.  You must set the RowCause when creating an AccountShare record.

JaanekJaanek
Thanks for fast reply. I'm trying to create an Account Share while logged in as system admin. Why i didn't set that field before was because it errored me out with the following message (this is the error i get when i set RowCause):

Unable to create/update fields: RowCause. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.

I tried to set RowCause=Team

I think there is some place in the settings that i need to turn on but i cannot find it out from where. Can you help me on it please?
This was selected as the best answer
JaanekJaanek
The problem was that i could only update the AccountShare & not to create it. Salesforce.com automatically creates accountshare if i create an account team also. RowCause was altoghether not updateable nor creatable.
GMP_processGMP_process
Hi Dave,

we tap into the same problem. But to set this RowCause is so far I see not possible. Could you provide more details on the solution? Thanks

Gerhard