function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RRESRRES 

Products added as account assets on Won

Hey,

Is there any way to add the products from a closed/won deal as assets under an account? It should be able to grab the salesprice and other information from product fields and map those field to the asset. My users hate having to manually enter assets under each account after a sale.

Rich

The_FoxThe_Fox
Hi,

My first Idea create a weblink and after that depending on your langage or your IS team langage proficiency, I suggest you to develop a routine either jsp or asp or php... or javascript to update your assets.

Any server side script is normally more powerful and quicker in terms of response time (to my mind) but it needs to be hosted by you or a provider

The javascript (you need to dig about xml HttpRequest) has the advantage of residing on the salesforce.com server and so has the same availability as salesforce.com

Personally I have delopped javascripts for sales to update all the address of the contacts of an account and recently i have added a Campaign member status update in salesforce.com for marketing people. They gain some times compared to exporting a report updating the Excel file and importing the file again.

Hope this help

REgrads
_dj_dj

is weblink the only way to trigger and call SF API? is there a way to trigger SF API upon close/won status change (without clicking on weblink?).

I'm trying to accomplish similar task upon/during LeadConversion process.. any ideas?

The_FoxThe_Fox
No Of course not

You can poll the sf database every x [Time Frame] Time frame is depending on what are you seeling B2C or B2B short sales peiod or longer one with any server side langage

and use the getupdated with narrowing down to opportunities and status.

so your user do not need to click

I hope I give you a push into the right direction