function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MSchumacherMSchumacher 

Compiling quickstart

I just installed the quickstart and compiled my enterprise wsld.  I was able to run quickstart and login and get the accounts.

I wanted to try compiling quickstart but have been unsuccesful.  My classpath is:

set CLASSPATH=.;d:\temp\salesforce\quickstart.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\axis.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\axis-ant.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\commons-discovery.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\commons-logging.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\jaxrpc.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\saaj.jar;d:\temp\salesforce\axis\lib\wsdl4j.jar;D:\Temp\Salesforce\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\sobject

when I issue the command:  "javac quickstart.java ", I receive pages of errors.  They are all similar to the following:

^
.\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\Field.java:684: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method setNillable (boolean)
        elemField.setNillable(true);
                 ^
.\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\DescribeLayout.java:166: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor TypeDesc (java.lang.Class,boolean)
        new org.apache.axis.description.TypeDesc(DescribeLayout.class, true);
        ^
.\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\RecordTypeMapping.java:229: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor TypeDesc (java.lang.Class,boolean)
        new org.apache.axis.description.TypeDesc(RecordTypeMapping.class, true);

^
.\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\RecordTypeMapping.java:258: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method setNillable (boolean)
        elemField.setNillable(true);

I am extremely out of my element here but need any assistance that can be provided.

Thanks.

MSchumacherMSchumacher

I was able to figure it out.  I had unzipped the quickstart into a single folder structure so my classpath and compile command did not match the package statement in quickstart.java.

I used the correct folder structure, updated my classpath and compiled.   Quickstart compiled clean and I was able to execute it using "java com.salesforce.quickstart.quickstart".

This all started because after my initial success, I wanted to make a change to quickstart to try some different things.

Thanks.