function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChrisSChrisS 

Email based on campaign participation, trade show attendance, etc?

Hi, how would we send a mass email out to all participants in a campaign?  There are two places I can see to do this, and neither seems to do it out of the box:

1) From the Contacts/Leads screens, clicking the Mass Email link down in the Tools section.  There's no option for filtering based on campaign event participation, though.

2) From the Campaign screen on the specific campaign, clicking the Send Email from the Activity History section.  However, this forces you to choose only one recipient. 

Any tips?  Thanks!

Message Edited by ChrisS on 05-06-2005 09:31 AM

Message Edited by ChrisS on 05-06-2005 09:32 AM

EdgeLineEdgeLine

Chris, the mass email functionality is Extremely limiting. They are basically forcing you to use a third party add on such as vertical response.  Read this post.

http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&message.id=8278

Additionally, there is absolutely no way to mail your event participants.  Again, like so many other areas of the system you are forced to 'duplicate' the attendees in either the campaign area or in a seperate view from the lead or contact area.   You cannot look up your attendees as far as I am aware from the 'view' menu.

Also bear in mind you will have to manually update the campaign area as you go. Personally, I am not sure if this is feasible if you send a campaign to 250 people.  Also imagine if you do a follow up?

My main grip with their mass email is how difficult they make it to actualloy meet the 250 criteria in an easy manner.  You can't even add them from the reporting menu which is the one place they give you a total. It's really odd how they have set it up. Even Act 6.03 and Wired Contact do a better job than salesforce.

To have any sanity with regards 'managing' the campaigns you will need to use a slick product like Vertical Response but expect to pay $100 for every 250 emails you send out. Phew.

Edgline