function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Velvett FoggVelvett Fogg 

Logon Issue -- need advise.

I've made great progress with our SalesForce integration.  I've one hurdle left and I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.

The current interface always logs in to SF as "me".  I've hard coded my user name and password.  This works just fine when testing.  Now that we are close to going live, I need the last modified by field to accurately reflect the person making changes.  I cant seem to query back the current users username and password, and I dont really want to store their SF un/pw in our own data tables.  So my question is ...

How can I log in to salesForce with out having to hard code my own username and password into my code?

API is 5.0

My primary development language is ColdFusion, but Im using Java to make the actual calls to the API

Message Edited by Velvett Fogg on 06-03-2005 10:28 AM

Message Edited by Velvett Fogg on 06-06-2005 01:00 PM

benjasikbenjasik
You could: possibly use Delegated authentication to do this. In this scheme, we make a soap callback to you, and let you verify the credentials. Log a case if you want more info on this

Or you could use setPassword to keep changing your password. Additionally, you may want to consider locking down your integration to only the IP it runs as, to increase security. This is done at the profile level