function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DodiDodi 

Change Set Error

I am trying to deploy a few custom objects using the Change Sets tool. The objects I am trying to deploy are related lists and are child records of the standard account object. When deploying my Change Set containing these three objects, I get the following errors - Cannot set ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DodiDodi

I always like answering my own posts....So apperantly the change set tool does not support the related objects appropriatley based on my testing.

However, the work around is to migrate them via the IDE. This worked without error. Incase someone runs into the same issue.

All Answers

DodiDodi

I always like answering my own posts....So apperantly the change set tool does not support the related objects appropriatley based on my testing.

However, the work around is to migrate them via the IDE. This worked without error. Incase someone runs into the same issue.

This was selected as the best answer
MarcelDMarcelD

Thanks for posting your answer, I just ran into the same error :-)

Ian StockIan Stock
I've had the same problem for a few weeks now, and stumbled on the resolution to "Cannot set sharingModel to ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field" when deploying through change sets. I wasn't having the problem through the IDE.
The resolution is to add the "MasterDetail relationship field" into the change set, even if you haven't changed it or the Sharing / OWD.
I'm assuming if you don't have the custom field in your package / object in the IDE either, then you'd probably get the same error.