function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
msreekmmsreekm 

My Domain and Apex code

Using the new "My Domain "  feature in spring 10 can we solve the javascript cross domain issues? 

As per the documentation 

Personalize your salesforce.com URL  - Get a personalized, easy-to-remember saleforce.com URL Provide additional security to your organization.

Q: Will the apex code also run on the same domain (which otherwise runs in the force.com domain) there by solving the cross domain javascript issues faced now within an iframe.

Thanks

Sree

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RyanGuestRyanGuest

Apex code (Visualforce) runs in a different domain than My Domain.  My Domain will be my.salesforce.com, while Visualforce will continue to be .force.com

All Answers

RyanGuestRyanGuest

Apex code (Visualforce) runs in a different domain than My Domain.  My Domain will be my.salesforce.com, while Visualforce will continue to be .force.com

This was selected as the best answer
msreekmmsreekm

Thanks .

sfdccrmsfdccrm

Hi ,

Please can you tell me the potential risks while moving to Mydomain in salesforce.

How the existing code base like apex, visualforce page, and static resources for reference to *.force.com and *.salesforce.com when we change the domain name to mydomain(guest.my.salesforce.com).

Please help in this regards.

If anyone have document in this regards , please share it.

thanks in advance.

Alpesh Patel 16Alpesh Patel 16
Can anyone tell me how can i overcome this ?