function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
akschampakschamp 

overrde edit|del buttons fron related list

Hi....

As am new to SF, can anyone please let me know how can i override the action of the delete button in the related list.

Thanks

SteveBowerSteveBower

Let's say that on the Account screen you have a related list of Contacts.  And, you want to override the Delete button on that Contact Related List.

Setup->Customize->Contact->Buttons and Links    and define a new Button to call a VF page (or s-control, but those are obsolete)

Then, on that same screen, above that, there is a Standard Buttons and Links section.  Click Edit next to Delete and you should be able to select the VF page you want for the override.

Note that the override is system-wide and not just for that related list.

then you're not real

If you want something just for that,ly doing an override.  Instead you have to create a new button for Contact that does what you want, and then go to the page layout for Account, and look at the Properties of the Contact related list.  There you could hide the default Delete button and show your new one.

Best, Steve.

akschampakschamp

Hi...

Thanks alot for your reply......

On more question..... Can we hide Del from Edit|Del button on the relative list.

Let me explain, what we need to implement

we have 2 custom objects candidate and resume, and i have resume as related list on candidat object.

1. When we click on the relative list Del button, we are getting javascript alert 'Are you sure'.

2. So instead of this javascript alert we want to put our customized alert 'This is default rsume , do you want to continue?'

As you said earlier we have tried to override the delete button using VF page and implemented Javascript alert in that, but it is showing our javacriipt alert after SF 'are you sure' alert, we don't want tha SF alert. instead we want to replac that by ours..........

Thanks

akschampakschamp

Can anyone help me on above please???

Thanks