function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mansi_KatMansi_Kat 

Dependent Loook Up Filters

I want to create a dependent look up filter between Accounts and Contacts Object. currently, I have Broker Contact and Customer contact and similarly, Borker Account and Customer Account. I want on contacts page, when a user select Account Name (lookup) it should be dependent on that particular contact record type. For Ex: If a user is accessing a customer record type contact and he wants to look up a account name, it should list only customer account records and not show both types.

i was trying to create this rule through new Look up Filter (Beta) option, but i am not able to make this work. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!!  

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Mansi_KatMansi_Kat

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. It did work for me now. I found a solution for this one. In order to match the account record type with contact record type I had to do this:

Account Name: Type equals Customer AND and Contact: Contact Record Type equals Customer

All Answers

MikeGillMikeGill

I believe this is a current limitation of the new feature. Was trying to apply a filter to a lookup of a master-detail object. Had to copy the value down from the parent record using a trigger in order filter my lookup on then child object.

Difficult to explain as it would seem pretty obvious functionality.

Mansi_KatMansi_Kat

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. It did work for me now. I found a solution for this one. In order to match the account record type with contact record type I had to do this:

Account Name: Type equals Customer AND and Contact: Contact Record Type equals Customer

This was selected as the best answer