function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforce_newbiesalesforce_newbie 

Is it possible to do this

Hi All,

I'm completely new to Visualforce and am being asked to perform some tasks and I was just wondering if they are possible.  Depending on what a user submits on a form I want emails sent to certain people, e.g. if a person submits A, I want to send emails to A people.  Would a workflow do this?  Can I write some code that would include an IF statement.  So IF user submitted A, email details to person that deals with A inquiries.

Any help is appreciated.  Or if you could point me in the direction of a tutorial.

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

This can be done through workflow rule. Set Evaluation criteria to 'Only when a record is created'. In rule criteria set the condition on which you want to send an email. In workflow action choose 'New Email Alert' and add recipients. There are different options available e.g. public group, sales team, Role and Suboordinates etc.

Hope this helps.

salesforce_newbiesalesforce_newbie

So would I have to create a new workflow for every person I want emailed?  for example, If a person applies for a HR job, I want an email to go to head of HR, if someone applies for IT job, I want an email to go to head of IT.

Thanks for your help :)