function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arasuarasu 

How can we deploy custom fields in "Standard Objects" from sandbox to Production?

Hi,

I have added about 100 custom fields in the standard Account object in sandbox . How can we deploy these 100 fields to Production? I tried from eclipse IDE(force.com IDE) but did not find the Account object XML to deploy. Currently the only way I can think of is to manually create these 100 custom fields in production.

Appreciate all help in this.

Regards,
Ambili

steel steelsteel steel
I'm having the same issue, but in addition to the custom fields, I have created a half dozen custom objects in the sandbox env. 

arasuarasu
Hi,

You should be able to deploy custom objects from any sandbox to production using force.com IDE that is integrated with Eclipse.
What it currently does not allow(I presume) is deploying custom fields from Standard objects like Accounts, Lead, etc.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili
steel steelsteel steel
So, if I have created custom fields on standard objects (such as a contract), then how do I deploy from the sandbox?

Steve ChadbournSteve Chadbourn
Bump - anyone know how to do this as I'm having problems deploying custom fields on standard objects from one sandbox to another. It's also stopping me deploying apex code that references the custom fields.
SuperfellSuperfell
You should be able to do this using app exchange packages.