function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adrian-EAdrian-E 

Existing Salesforce URL Variables

I am looking for details on variables which can be passed through the Salesforce URL.
For example: Passing isdtp=mn will open the Salesforce page without the sidebar and menu-tabs.

Does anyone know where I can find other options? Perhaps opening with a sidebar and no tabs, or tabs with no sidebar etc?
I could not find any answers on Salesforce help forums
JonPJonP
It's highly recommended that you avoid passing URL parameters that are not described in salesforce.com product documentation, as any such parameters are subject to change.  Supported customization features and interfaces/APIs are protected against breakage in an upgrade, but all bets are off for URL hacks.
dfalsodfalso
Hi, I just wanted to follow up on this. Where are the parameters described in the SalesForce documentation? I've been looking everywhere and can't find it at all...
Adrian-EAdrian-E

These variables are so secret that even Salesforce doesnt seem to know about them. I have never found any official documentation about the variables, but if you run a google search for it you'll find some independant sites that provide some help.

isdtp=mn is the only one I am familair with.

dfalsodfalso

I'm running into this now because I'm designing testing methods for my controller extensions, and most of them use this algorithm to detect the master-detail relationship when creating a new record:

Set<String> mapKeySet = this.currentpageParams.keySet(); for (String g : mapKeySet){ if (g.endsWith('_lkid')) { master = [select id from CIIS_Project__c where id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get(g)]; //this.detail.CIIS_Project__c = master.Id; masterID = master.Id; break; } }if (masterID != null){ this.detail.CIIS_Project__c = masterId;}

So when developing the testing method, the question arises as to what to put in the parameters set. And the above feels to shotgun-ny; I'd rather be specific as to what key I'm looking for.

JonPJonP

If it is not officially documented, you should not be surprised if it changes in the future and your code breaks.

You should post on IdeaExchange (http://ideas.salesforce.com) asking for these parameters to be formally supported and documented.

dfalsodfalso

I appreciate your comment, but that's not what I'm asking. My question was, do we have documentation for *any* parameters? To my knowledge, the answer is no. But we do have documentation for how to work with parameters, so something is wrong here.

I will post on IdeaExchange, I was just hoping for a SF rep to actually participate in this thread in any fashion.

Edit: request is now added.

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10095769/Documenting_VisualForce_page_parameters

Message Edited by dfalso on 03-05-2009 07:37 AM
LakshmanLakshman

JonP,

I would like to ask that why would the code break if we put parameters in the URL. If salesforce changes the parameters it wouldnt affect the functionality as we are not reading those parameters salesforce is reading it and handling them. I hope you got what I am saying.

Regards,

Lakshman