function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OnDem DevOnDem Dev 

Approval Process

In my app i am creating an approval process on object A , on submit approval the record is getting locked and as part of approval actions i am making field update i.e change of status on a custom feild , eventhough the detail object status is getting changed to Approved and Rejected but custom field value is not getting updated, Any help or info wil be great

Thanks

werewolfwerewolf
On what are you triggering the field update?  There are a number of different times when you might be triggering a field update (like Final Reject, Final Approval, etc.).  Also, your field update isn't perchance violating a validation rule, is it?

What happens if you go through this process when you've turned on the Debug Log?  What does it show?  That will probably tell you where you've gone wrong.
BbStinaBbStina

Hi Werewolf-

Your blog a few weeks back really helped us solve an issue re: emailing. I was wondering if you had any advice re: Approval Processes.

My big challenge is that SFDC automatically locks an Opportunity when submitted for approval. Unlike the other Approval Stages (i.e. Final Approval, Recall, Rejected Approval) there is no way to eit the Initial Submission behavior.

For our business we want the Opportunity itself to remain unlocked, but want to lock down the Opportunity Products. I can easily lock down the Opportunity Product via field updates/validation rules, but I don't see any way to prevent the Opportunity itself from being locked at submission.

Have you seen anything re: this topic before? Any ideas or places I can check for more information? Would a field update somewhere be able to unlok the Opportunity?

I'm throwing myself at your mercy here and would be very appreciative of any advice!!

Thank you!

werewolfwerewolf
Got me man.  I have no idea how you can set it so that it doesn't lock when entering an approval.  But why would you want to do that anyway?  Then the record can change right under the approver's nose.
BbStinaBbStina

Thanks for responding, much appreciated!

Our Discount Approvals are for the Opportunity Product, not the information stored on the Opportunity Object. So, we want the Opportunity Product related list locked down, not the Opportunity. Our RSMs will still want to manage things like Stage, Est. Close Date, etc. that are on the Opportunity Object.