function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JAW99JAW99 

Adding Case to Sandbox through Outlook 3.2.1.8

I know my sandbox URL, and I want to change the server from my production environment to the sandbox url. Under my outlook's salesforce options, I can see Username, Password, and Server, but I can't edit the server field. Anyone know how I could fix this? I want to add some test cases to my sandbox already.
CloudMikeCloudMike
I have found a way to connect the Outlook plugin to an instance of Sandbox. You need to alter the registry key ServerURL to point to the appropriate server. I'm using the Outlook Connector version 3.2.5.1 so I'm not sure if this will work with your older version.

WARNING:  Always be sure to export and backup any registry settings prior to making any changes!
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Salesforce.com\SM
Change this key value:
  • "ServerUrl"=https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/10.0
To this value:
  • "ServerUrl"=https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/10.0

You’ll then of course need to change the Salesforce.com option settings for User Name and Password to the appropriate values for the Sandbox instance. Don’t forget to append the Security Token to the Password.

I have done some initial testing and all the Outlook functionality appears to be working correctly but I haven't tested this extensively. So be sure to do sufficient testing of your own.

If anyone else has some feedback on this work-around, I'd love to hear it.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Message Edited by SatelliteMike on 11-05-2008 07:52 PM

Message Edited by SatelliteMike on 11-05-2008 07:56 PM
JAW99JAW99
Thanks Mike. Needing to go into the registry seems a little ridiculous. I'm not sure if I'll go through with it, but good to know I'm not missing a less invasive path.
CloudMikeCloudMike
Unfortunately none that I've found so far.  I'm guessing this is a security feature for the Outlook Connect product team since the ServerURL also contains a reference to the API version.  I've posted an entry in the Ideas community on this issue so if you'd like to see this feature, please visit the Configure Outlook Connect Plugin to login to Sandbox Instance Idea and Promote or Comment on it.

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by SatelliteMike on 11-07-2008 02:55 PM
JAW99JAW99
Promoted.
I really think we should have full access into the Sandbox with all the tools and toys we use with our SF.
hs20hs20

same issue here as well....

any help would be appreciated :)

balajibondarbalajibondar
Please refer Salesforce_outlook_cheatsheet for getting registry path.