function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FadiShamiFadiShami 

Validate "Assign using active assignment rules" is checked based on a certian case status

Hello,

I need to enforce the selection of  "Assign using active assignment rules"  based on a selected Case status when the user is editing a case.

Any idea ?
werewolfwerewolf
That checkbox is governed by the page layout and is not eligible for validation rules or Apex (yet).  So I don't believe that's something you can presently do, or not easily anyway.
AJFAJF
If the case is assigned to the same owner / queue everytime the status field is updated, why not create a workflow rule (Field update - Case Owner) that reassigns the case to the new owner?
lopezclopezc
hi,

I would like to do the same thing.
 I was thinking about a workflow but I would like to reassign the case following the assignment rules, it is possible???

Thanks!!

Message Edited by lopezc on 12-18-2008 06:29 AM
werewolfwerewolf
Right now, you can only reassign the case with assignment rules when the user checks the "Assign Using Active Assignment Rules" box upon editing the case.
FosterFoster
You can use the "field update" action to change the owner of a case using workflow. Assign the field update (Ojbect: Case, Field : Case Record Owner) to your workflow rule criteria and you'll be good to go. We use this for our Purchase Request process. As soon as the user updates the request status to approved (indicating final approval), the case is routed to our Procurement Team queue. Let me know if you want further info on this.