function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ron WildRon Wild 

Apex Toolkit for Eclipse Error: Resource .... does not exist

I'm using the Apex Toolkit for Eclipse to manage s-control development for several clients, and have one project that won't synch all of the s-controls.

I get the following error message:

Apex Toolkit Error
Reason: Problems encountered during adding Apex nature.  Select Details for more information.

Details: Resource /IBF Account (sysadmin@xxxx.com)/SControls/QuickLog Activity does not exist.

The Scontrol folder in the Eclipse project shows only a handfull of the s-controls in the client SFDC account.

I can configure and manage other Apex projects without any problems.  Just this one is giving me the headache.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ron WildRon Wild

Ah ha!   I found the problem.   S-Control names containing a forward slash "/" cannot be synched by the eclipse toolkit.

Hope that's useful information for someone out there.

- Ron

All Answers

Ron WildRon Wild

Ah ha!   I found the problem.   S-Control names containing a forward slash "/" cannot be synched by the eclipse toolkit.

Hope that's useful information for someone out there.

- Ron

This was selected as the best answer
TScottTScott
Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this issue? I'm working with a customer that has installed a managed package from the AppExchange that includes an s-control with a forward slash in the s-control name. We could request an updated package from the publisher, but I don't know how responsive they will be. Is there a workaround in the Apex Toolkit for Eclipse that would allow us to continue to synch and ignore this s-control or gracefully handle the forward slash in the name? Thanks. -Tom
Matt42Matt42
is there a way around this yet?
i am having similar trouble:
ResourceException: Resource '/(company)/InstalledPackages/AFQ31/S-Controls/Include / Exclude ' does not exist.