function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BlondeBlonde 

Build a Workflow To Run Daily

Is there a way to run a workflow daily? I don't see this as a standard option when building my workflows - the only options I see is to set the workflow to launch when a record has been created or updated. I have a problem where my start dates keep running in the past (reps not editing the opportunity). I have a validation rule already that states if they edit the opportunity the start date must be equal to today. However, if they don't actually edit the record then they don't receive the message. This is a big issue for us and I need to find a solution to ensure when we run our weekly reports for the CEO, there are no dates that are in the rear. Currently, I have to run a report and then email each person with the anomoly - takes forever. Any ideas for a better solution? Thanks in advance for your help!
RickyGRickyG
This article details a method you can use to run a workflow on a daily basis.  I am not sure if this exactly addresses your issue, but you can probably use the techniques desribed in the article to get to a solution.

Thanks to Steve Anderson for the great article!  Hope this helps.

BlondeBlonde
Thanks for the response. Unfortunatly, I had seen this beofre, I am a newbee to script and Apex, was hoping for a less complex approach. Do you know if there is a way to maybe add a button (s-control) to the Report or to the Opportunity View so that I could auto emial people that hit the veiw/report or something like that?