function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
joakimjoakim 

Hide Username and Password fields without creating new profiles

Hi,

I need some help regarding creating and hiding username and password fields on an account without creating new profiles.

Our solution already has >20 profiles and if I would create a new profile for each user that should have access to these new fields, I need to create at least 10 more.

I thought about hiding the username and password for all users except the sysadmin and then create a Formula field (text) which shows the information based on a checkbox in the userrecord.

IF( $User.Password_active__c = true, Password_c , ""), i.e. shows the content of the field "Password" if the checkbox is marked, otherwise it shows nothing.

Is there another way of doing this, and are there any security implications of this approach that I should know of?

Thanks,
Joakim

HerosHeros
In the upcoming release there will be the option of encrypted fields.

Find the release notes here.
joakimjoakim
Ok, thank you very much!
AlexCRMmanagerAlexCRMmanager
Looks like this feature got "disappeared". Anyone know what happened to it and/or why? I can't find any reference to it in the release notes. I know that I saw it demoed in the Winter '08 Partner webinar...
AlexCRMmanagerAlexCRMmanager

Ahh, IdeaExchange comments:

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/62680

appear to indicate that you need to request this feature to be turned on for your org. Still, its kind of odd that I can't find any mention of it in the current release notes...