function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jbroquistjbroquist 

Firefox & CTI Adapter 1.50 Crash

I downloaded and installed the 1.50 CTI Demo Adapter from the following resource:

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/CTI_Toolkit

During installation I also installed the Firefox add-on that it prompted to install.

Now when I open up Firefox and login to Salesforce the adapter will crash every single time. Is anyone else having these issues? I'm trying to move my entire company off of Internet Explorer to Firefox but this issue is the only thing holding us back. 

werewolfwerewolf
Have you tried 1.51?
jbroquistjbroquist
It turns out I am using version 1.51 ... It is just labeled wrong on the Wiki.
werewolfwerewolf

Does it crash when you open it in IE?

jbroquistjbroquist

Now instead of crashing it just gives me an error message saying it can't connect to the adapter. I've been in communication with out phone provider (Telesphere/Broadsoft) on the issue and they're going to be releasing an official version of the connector soon. I suppose I will just wait for their update.

Thanks for your help!

werewolfwerewolf
And by "crash" do you mean a runtime error or a big red error box?
werewolfwerewolf
Oh -- if you had the Broadsoft adapter based on an older version of the CTI Toolkit and you tried to install the new demo adapter alongside it, you'd kill them both because they use different versions of shared DLLs.  The Firefox capability is not just a drop-in -- it requires the adapter vendor to rebuild their adapter with the new version.
Message Edited by werewolf on 02-18-2009 01:53 PM
jbroquistjbroquist
Yeah that's what I have gathered ... thanks for your help ... looks like I will be waiting to move our call center to Firefox for a little bit longer! >.<
Message Edited by jbroquist on 02-18-2009 01:53 PM