function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
billkbillk 

IDE: Unable to open Schema Browser

I just installed the Winter '09 Force.com IDE for Eclipse 3.3.2 on Windows XP.  I'm able to successfully create a Force.com project, connect to the service, and download the contents of a package.  But, when I try to access the Schema Browser, I get a dialog with the following error:

Unable to open Schema Browser

Reason: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I also get a series of errors in the Forec.com IDE Log Viewer:

WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,069] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,085] (BaseBuilder.java:checkSkipBuilder:77) - Skipping build - user credentials not found
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,428] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isLoginExceptionRetryable:94) - Login evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 LoginFault: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isConnectionExceptionRetryable:130) - Connection evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 LoginFault: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
ERROR [2009-02-24 10:56:16,709] (SchemaBrowser.java:createPages:172) - Unable to open Schema Browser
com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.InvalidLoginException: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Now, I know that the user isn't locked out because I just downloaded the package contents, and downloading again works successfully.  It's only the Schema Browser that presents a problem.

I also checked the Login History in the Salesforce org that I'm trying to connect to, and I see one successful login followed by a failed login.

x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:26:37 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductInvalid PasswordJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/ASOAP Partner15.0
x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:25:02 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductSuccessJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/A

I am not using a Security Token since I am connecting via a trusted IP address.

Any idea what's going on or how to fix?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc

Hey Bill.

Probably the fastest way to get your going is to re-create your Force.com Project.

-Chris

All Answers

Faustus404Faustus404

I'm unable to reproduce this.  Could you try updating the authorization info for the project which is causing the problem?  Right click the project, select Properties -> Force.com, and verify the settings on that page.  In particular make sure there is a password present (sometimes this can get reset).

Thanks,

Adam

billkbillk
Tried that -- the password field was indeed blank, so I updated it and clicked "Apply".  All of the components re-downloaded as before, but still no Schema Browser.
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc

Hey Bill.

Probably the fastest way to get your going is to re-create your Force.com Project.

-Chris

This was selected as the best answer
Steven MaySteven May
I'm experiencing the same issue.  Unable to use the Schema Browser in the Eclipse Force.com ide.  Say unable to logon.  But I've tried all the different combinations of passwords and token, etc but still does not work.  I was able to logon and see my Apex Class files etc. so why am I getting an auth issue when trying to pull up the salesforce.schema file?
Steven MaySteven May
I figured out my issue.  For me clearing out my Secure Storage passwords resolved the unable to logon issue when attempting to load the salesforce.schema via force.com ide. Eclipse > Preferences > Security > Secure Storage > "Clear Passwords".