function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajmohanrajmohan 

How to perform Manual Sharing for multiple records at a time

I want to know how I can share multiple records at a time . Individual records can be shared by clicking the Sharing button in the record's detail page, but I want to do sharing of multiple records (with same sharing criteria) at a time in the site and not in apex code.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
highweihighwei

My question is very similar.  I have a custom objects with records that I need to share with my Partner Portal Users.  The records that needs to be shared is based on a status on the record thus I can't simply use any standard sharing method.  So we are opting to manually share the record as part of our end user's process.

Within the custom object, how can I manually share multiple records without going to each record and clicking on the 'Sharing' button to manually share it?  Is there a way via apex or the data loader?  We need to run a batch of old records to manually share them and them to various Partner Portal users which I can map in an import file but can this be done?

All Answers

BulentBulent
I'm not sure I totally understand the question. Can you explain with an example?
highweihighwei

My question is very similar.  I have a custom objects with records that I need to share with my Partner Portal Users.  The records that needs to be shared is based on a status on the record thus I can't simply use any standard sharing method.  So we are opting to manually share the record as part of our end user's process.

Within the custom object, how can I manually share multiple records without going to each record and clicking on the 'Sharing' button to manually share it?  Is there a way via apex or the data loader?  We need to run a batch of old records to manually share them and them to various Partner Portal users which I can map in an import file but can this be done?

This was selected as the best answer
highweihighwei
Sorry, this is not solved. Button accidentally clicked.  Can someone undo this?
Richa Sharma SFDevRicha Sharma SFDev
Hi guys,

We also want to share multiple records at once and that access needs to be on a time basis. It means we don't want to share the records forever and revoke access after some time eg. maybe 2 weeks.
Can someone please help?
--
Thanks,
Richa Sharma