function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jprosserjprosser 

Adding a field to the opportunity-products object and then optionallly displaying it

Hey Folks,
I'm a new administrator and have added a field named color to the opportunity-products object.
I would like to add it to the opportunity subform for adding products from a pricebook but I don't see any page layout option to do this.  Is there a way but I'm just missing it?

Having done this, I would like to only display this field depending on the value in the Product field.  Is dynamically displaying fields possible?

Thanks!
-Joe
jpizzalajpizzala
To edit the intermediary page layout for the opportunity products (the Multi-Line Layout), go to Setup -> [App Setup] Customize -> Opportunities -> Opportunity Products -> Page Layouts -> Opportunity Product Layout (or whatever your layout is called).  Click on the Edit Multi-Line Layout button and move the fields around as necessary.

In regards to only displaying the Color field depending on the Product field, you could probably rig something up with Visualforce to do this.  If you don't want to go the Visualforce route (which is probably overkill for what you want to accomplish anyway), you could create a validation rule that requires a value in the Color field, depending on the Product field value.

HTH

Message Edited by jpizzala on 06-16-2008 01:02 PM