function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaxxumMaxxum 

Newbie - Where should I begin

We want to build a Multiforce application that connects the multiforce application to our existing application. I am assigned to the project and have no clue where should I begin. I hope somebody from this wonderful community will be able to guide me here. Here is what we are planning to do:
1. Create a simple application in sforce. One or two tabs that would allow the user to enter required data.
2. Upon submit, send the request to another application using XML over HTTP.

Other questions are:
1. I want to use the existing Account object and create a custom object that is linked to this account object. On the form I have a lookup for the account. I want to populate other related fields using selected Account. How can I do it?

2. Can I add validations to the forms created in Customforce?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
-Rajan
The_FoxThe_Fox
Hi Maxxum,

I think sou should begin to download customforce for smarties somewhere on www.crmsuccess.com

For your point 1.2 I do think it is possible due to cross domain security in javascript

For Validation you have to create formula fields but beware that you can not yet make checks between a parent object and its childs object

Regards
MaxxumMaxxum
Fox,

Thanks for youe reply.
I already have a copy of the book that you have mentioned in your reply. I was able to do lot of BASIC things in CustomForce.

Now as I start thinking about details in the implementation, I feel lost.
For example, as I had mentioned in my original post - I have created a lookup relationship between my custom object and the standard Account object. I have "Ticker" field in my custom object as well. Now when the user selects an Account from the lookup dialog, I want to populate the Ticker symbol in my form - How do I do that?

How do I add javascript validations?
How do I submit an XML request to another application?

Are there any samples available?

-R