function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The_FoxThe_Fox 

Reporting+Customizable Forecasting

Hello All,

Is there a way to have the overriden Forecast Category in a report

Regards
ScotScot

I think you can see this if you do a forecast report, rather than an opportunity report.

In custom reports, pick "Forecasts" for the top menu bar, and you'll get:
   Forecasts
   Forecast History
   Customizable Forecasting: Forecast Summary
   Customizable Forecasting: Forecast History
   Customizable Forecasting: Opportunity Forecasts

These (particularly the last one) have additional fields that are tied to the overrides.

Scot

The_FoxThe_Fox
Hi Scot,

I have tried this one but the fields here are flag that is yes/no field you do not have (or I have to change my screen and/or my eyes) Overriden Forecast Category = one of the forecast Category.

It is very annoying

Regards
ScotScot

I'm not sure this will make it less frustrating, but ...

It appears what we're reporting from is the list of all forecast objects. Thus, if a manager has overridden the forecast, there will be two forecast records: one for the owner, and one for the person who overrode it. For that matter, if it was overridden by two different people, there will be three.

Each record  contains the date, amount and category. The flags indicate whether these values are the original ones, or an override.

Thus, if I have an opportunity forecasted by the owner (Test User) as:
    Category: Pipeline
    Date: Jan 31, 2006
    Amount: 50,000
And it is overridden by a manager (Scot Stoney) to be:
    Category: Best Case
    Date: Feb 28, 2006

Then the two records from the report are:

Forecast CategoryOut of DatePeriod OverriddenOpportunity Forecast Category OverriddenAmount OverriddenForecast DateAmountForecast OwnerOpportunity Owner
Pipeline1/31/2006 50,000  Test User  Test User
Best Case     X    X2/28/2006 50,000  Scot Stoney  Test User

So .. the overridden category and period are stored in the same spot as the original.

Now .. how you get a good report from this, I'm not so sure ...

Scot

RikvdWRikvdW

I have similar problems with getting a correct forecast report out of SFDC. When I, as manager, override a the forecast period of an opportunity (moving revenue from Q2 to Q3 for instance), this is not reflected in the forecast overview or in any report. The amount is still forecasted for Q2.

Rik

RikvdWRikvdW

The problem could be due to fact that we are using products and schedules and I set forecast date to schedule date ... Seems that overriding the forecast period, does not override this setting :-( 

Rik