function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JuansaJuansa 

Changing Lead Status based on automatic response rule

Is it possible to get some kind of event when saleswforce sends an automatic response template succesfully?. I would like to use this information to change automatically the lead status in my queues. The idea is to easily identify those who did not get an automatic response due to some mistake in the rule or because the users who manually introduced the lead in SF did not send one.

Thaks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

There are 2 aspects of successful sending of automatic response:-

1. did the rule get fired - this you can do in case you are using a workflow rule to trigger the response , then you can have a field update action which will set a flag(field say responseSent) to true if the condition of rule is satisfied.

2. the rule got fired and the response was sent out but you want to be sure whether it was delivered successfully- this i don't think salesforce exposes the object which store this information, Mass Email Status is one such object which stores information of emails sent. May be you can drop a mail to support@salesforce.com or may be create case in the help section of your org to get deeper insight.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

There are 2 aspects of successful sending of automatic response:-

1. did the rule get fired - this you can do in case you are using a workflow rule to trigger the response , then you can have a field update action which will set a flag(field say responseSent) to true if the condition of rule is satisfied.

2. the rule got fired and the response was sent out but you want to be sure whether it was delivered successfully- this i don't think salesforce exposes the object which store this information, Mass Email Status is one such object which stores information of emails sent. May be you can drop a mail to support@salesforce.com or may be create case in the help section of your org to get deeper insight.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

This was selected as the best answer
JuansaJuansa

Thanks a lot for your answer.