function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforce_newbiesalesforce_newbie 

Changing the width of email templates

Hi All,

I've been trying to create some email templates and have come across a problem.  If I create them using the 'HTML(with letterhead)', the email is very narrow when its sent.  I was wondering if there is a way to change the width of the email?

I also created some using the 'Custom(without letterhead)' option.  When these email templates were used they utilised the entire width of the email unfortunately, I can't use this option as I need to allow users who have no knowledge of HTML to be able to edit the content of the email templates.

Can anyone offer any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

SentinelSentinel

I've been working on the same sort of problem, below is something I found that might help you.

How to make the HTML email template greater than 500 pixels wide?

To change an HTML template so it has a pixel width greater than the default 500 pixel width, follow the instructions below.

To control the width of any HTML area that defaults to 500 pixels, simply insert an image that is the desired number of pixels wide (i.e. a white square).

1. Click on the Chart Icon that appears on the gray toolbar.
2. Browse the image that you need bigger than 500 pixels.
3. Uploaded and add it to your HTML template.
4. And finally click on Save to see the changes that the image performed to your HTML template.

Patrick Lupo 1Patrick Lupo 1
thanks Sentinel this worked!
I captured a screenshot of a white page - just a long thin bar for the image and save it to the documents area so I could add to my email template.
On the template I added the image to the top of the message body and since it is long and thin it does not take much room and since it is white you don't see it on the message.  It totally worked to expand the width of the message and now I can fit more words per line

Troy CenterTroy Center
That is a fantastic trick Sentinel! I used snagit to screengrab 1000x1 pixels of blank white Notepad++ and pasted it into the bottom of my email template. The effect was immediate! Thank you! Troy ~ Seattle.