function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mansi_KatMansi_Kat 

Sharing settings on contact object

I have two sets of users. Group A and Group B. Group A is user of Accounts and Contacts and Group B only access contacts and other custom objects attached to contacts. 

I am trying to create sharing settings where Group A can only access records owned by each other and Group B should have access to only their records. I set the org wide settings for Accounts to Private and Contacts - Controlled by Parent. But, my sharing settings are not working. Group B can still access contacts owned by Group A and its also showing up in search items, tasks and events everything. 

I changes the profile settings to just CRED and removed modify all/view all from each profile. But, still am not able to fix this. Can anyone help??

Thanks!

Going South.ax738Going South.ax738

Create 2 queues for each of groups A and B and put users accordingly under each queue.

Make owner of records as Queues instead of Users, thus would enable all records are viewed within each group of users.

You can create workflows that re-assign owner of record to one of these queues upon creation based on a condition of field values.