function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
illahee lecturesillahee lectures 

One-to-one individual type not working

When creating contacts, organization (account) type use to auto-generate a one-to-one individual relationship. Now it's forcing us to manually enter an Organization (account) and create an organization for each individual contact. SF basic said it was a formula issue, however we never changed the formula.

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor
illahee lecturesillahee lectures

No, we have not been creating Person accounts. I don't think it is enabled in our nonprofit starter pack. Until recently, we have been able to create contacts with organization (account) type that is one-to-one individual. Right now, the organization (account) type is being created just as an organization, which creates problems when generating reports and tracking donation history.  

Are Person accounts something we should consider? Can we track opportunities (donations) in the same wtih Person accounts as with one-to-one individual contacts?

Thanks!

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

It looks like you are using some customization to create Account with same details when you are creating contacts. Yes, you can track opportunities against Person Accounts.

MateoMateo

illahee lectures,

I'm having the exact same problem.  Salesforce.com support was NO help.  Did you ever resolve this problem without implementing Person Accounts?  

Cheers!

MateoMateo

I found a fix for this problem within my production environment.  My issue was solved when I disabled the custom validation rules.  

Please view this discussion within the Nonprofit Practitioners Google Groups for more info:

http://groups.google.com/group/npsf/browse_thread/thread/839417007c6d7313