function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
laurenalaurena 

Data Loader with a Mac?

Hi - I have a Mac computer & I need to use Data Loader. What is the best way to do this?

tantotanto

Simon is right, the lexiloader for mac users.

laurenalaurena

Thanks for the answers. I have downloaded Lexiloader; however, when I try to upload, I keep getting this error message:

Error

Async API not enabled

Does anyone know what might be causing this??

tantotanto

What edition of Salesforce do you have?

laurenalaurena

Do you mean Professional or Enterprise? Right now I am running Professional but we are considering purchasing Enterprise if we can get the Data Loader to work for our needs.

My account exec "turned on" Data Loader access for our account for 30 days, which is why I am able to access it.

SuperfellSuperfell

Sounds like they turned on regular API access, but not the bulk API. You can turn off bulk API usage in the data loader settings, that should get you going.

laurenalaurena

Thanks Simon. What if I need to use it for bulk uploading (which is the reason I got it in the first place)? Wouldn't it be easier to ask my exec to turn ON bulk API access? Or is API access something else entirely? (Can you tell I'm not very technical?) :)

YejeYeje

Hi

I'm on developer edition testing out LexiLoader (great stuff!) to upload our existing contracts.

I get this error message:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: active_job.properties (Permission denied)

I've checked my permissions to read/write to Contracts and I'm at a loss.

Thanks either way.

YejeYeje

Hi

In case you had a similar problem, I loaded version 16 and that worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Operation Write HomeOperation Write Home

I'm trying to figure out the Lexiloader for my mac - but it's not even accepting my pw. I've retyped it over and over to be sure I'm not goofing it up, I re-set it in SF to be sure I had the right pw - and Lexiloader isn't accepting my log in. Anything I can do?

SuperfellSuperfell

You need to use your api security token with your password. see the online help on identity confirmation.

Operation Write HomeOperation Write Home

Thanks Simon - took me a while to figure it out but that worked!

My test file didn't upload right, I was trying to get it to add opportunities to an existing contact - is that possible?

NancNanc

Hi, I turned on the buld upload option in my LexiLoader settings and still no sucess. It still says "async api not enabled." I am on the professional version of SF. 

Jesse OpFocusJesse OpFocus

Professional Edition doesn't allow you to use API stuff like Data Loader, unless you have purchased the API add-on functionality.  Enterprise and Unlimited have API functionality included.

cheers!