function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CHHODKCHHODK 

Help......

I'm new here! And bought the "small business thing" and is only one user. I use the system to track all my private contacts, because Outlook was not enough.

I have the following questions:

1. Can you change the "stay in touch e-mail” so you can not see it’s “Salesforce”, the name seems a little unfortunate when one uses the system, because it makes people think you want to sell them something. I am within HR and here selling a less fortunate word.

2. How can I automatically ensure that all the mail I send ends up in the system (Iøm using a Mac), I think it seems “a little half” that I have to sit and type it manually in, or use this extra program "Mail Drop” (Mac) ?

3. Is there a specific reason to not support Mac as they do with PC? And if not, when will their so no new software to attribute this?

4. As a new user, it is just as though it seems “a little amateur like” compared to, for example High Rice here you can to book appointments at the same time you place the info in the system, when you sent it to one of the 5 different, is this here the same? Or will that be better if I pay more, better solusion?

5. I have only the small business thing. Can some tell me if it’s getting better if I pay more? (What I have today is not what I was hoping to get at all).

6. I also have an exchange account, can I get Salesforce automatic work together (synchronise with exchange?)

My dream is really just to update all information online and then download a file I can use in my outlook, and save all the movements I make from my email, but I think “all the time” there is something that can not, then there is a Salesforce logo on nearly everything, or its very difficult to get a report out and like that? Hm… Help me before I just dump this system ;-/

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

You may find you'll get better answers over on the CRM community answers site, rather than in a developers forum. http://sites.force.com/answers

All Answers

Paul.FoxPaul.Fox

Welcome to Salesforce! Hope you can get it to do what you want. Most of our clients are using Salesforce and Professional, so these may be slightly different in the business version.

1. Where do you see Salesforce in stay-in-touch? You can edit your stay-in-touch settings in Setup > Personal Setup > Email > My Stay-in-Touch Settings. You may also want to see if Salesforce is still in your signature under Setup > Personal Setup > Email > Email Settings. When sending anything from Salesforce, the original sender will always be from something.salesforce.com, but that is only visible in the headers of the message. Your name and email should still show up in the From section.

2. If you are using the mac version of outlook, I don't know that there are that many options. However, I believe Salesforce is getting better with Macs, and I imagine Salesforce CRM for Outlook may be available for Macs soon. In the meantime, I would recommend using Email to Salesforce. You can set it up in Setup > Email Administration > Email to Salesforce. It will require that you BCC your email to salesforce address on any emails you want to send, but it is fast and does not require another program.

3. The majority of businesses still use PCs, so it will always take longer for companies to build a Mac version.

4. Salesforce is a very flexible system, but there are definitely some limits to what it does out of the box, and even development limits. As you get better versions you get a few more built in features, but mostly you get more customization capabilities, like custom objects, workflow, and even development on force.com. However, your specific question here is not very clear. You can create an Event and send it to 5 different people by using the attendees list at the bottom. They also now have the Meeting Request features which let's you propose up to 5 times and let each attendee let you know when they're available.

5. Things get more powerful when you pay more, but none of the things you've mentioned are going to change much when you upgrade.

6. Salesforce does not have an exchange integration. There are a few on the AppExchange that say they will do this, but they require that you have at least Professional edition. You can forward your emails to your Add to Salesforce address mentioned in the answer to question 2.

Salesforce's email integration still leaves a lot to be desired, but they have made a lot of progress. If there email to case functionality is any glimpse of what will happen in the future, I think there's a good chance this is going to improve in the next couple of releases.

CHHODKCHHODK

First thanks for you help.

1. You will find a big “Powered by Salesforce” logo when you click the link, that don’t look like I can move or can I? I pay for this service so whey most I show everyone that I use sales force? And again I get bad response for this, any great ideas?
  2. Hm…. Just wondering “this is the best system in the marked” and then like this, hm…
  3. That one way to say it, but think on what Salesforce can make if they also matched Mac?
  4. “It’s not easy to describe, I can only recommend you see what they do "it’s much smarter" and work better than salesforce. (37. signals - CRM system - Highrice)
  5. OKEY… But it’s also to expensive, compared to others solutions.
  6. OKEY the professional version is to expensive compared to other versions, I’m sorry to say, and the App’s cost all too much.

Do you know if it’s possible to ask for the money back, I feel I have shopped soothing that have many dead ends, too many and to a all to high price. 

Paul.FoxPaul.Fox

1. I see what you mean. No, I don't think you can hide that logo. But then again, you don't have to use the stay-in-touch request feature, you can simply send them an email. I don't think I've seen any other CRM systems that have that feature anyway, so if you don't like it, don't use it.

2. At least you have a way to attach your email, which is not available in most other systems.

3. I'm not arguing that Salesforce shouldn't help a mac. I use both a mac and a pc myself, and it would be nice if lots of companies built mac versions that were better and sooner, like Microsoft for example. They're always a few months or years late and many features short of their pc equivalents.

4. I have used highrise before and have no idea what you're talking about. In highrise you can't even send someone a meeting invite, or an email. There are no features in highrise that aren't in Salesforce.

I don't know if you can get your money back, but if you weren't sure about it, why didn't you go with the free 30 day trial?

CHHODKCHHODK

My idea was to get answers to what I write not to initiate a lengthy discussion about who is right or wrong.

Are there "anone else" who know how I can remove the logo which is "Stay in Contact"? (This thing is the reason i were selection Sales Force)....

SuperfellSuperfell

You may find you'll get better answers over on the CRM community answers site, rather than in a developers forum. http://sites.force.com/answers

This was selected as the best answer