function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SargeSarge 

How to select Partner Portal Administrator

Hi,

I am trying to change the Partner Portal Administrator. When I select a user  I am getting "This user has insufficient permissions to be a portal administrator" error.

I have checked the help documentation and it tells that "a User with "Manage Partners" permmsion and acces to folder with portal header content is allowed to be portal Admin".

The selected user is having both the permissions. But still it is throwing the same error. If some one knows what are the permissions required to be a portal administrator, please hep me out listing them.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SargeSarge

Hi ,

I finally found the solution. Other than profile permisions "Manage Partners", Access to Accounts, Contacts and Document Folder containg portal Header, it requires to have "Edit Self- Service Users" permission checked in General User permission.

Any ppl having this problem will find this sol useful.

Thanks for all the support.

All Answers

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Consider the following when setting up delegated portal user administration:

* On the profile of users for which you are granting delegated portal administration:
          o Add the “Delegated Portal User Administrator” permission.
          o Add the “Create” and “Edit” permissions on contacts so that delegated portal administrators can create and 
             update contacts related to their account.
          o Set the tab setting for Accounts and Contacts to Default On so that delegated portal administrators can view the
              Accounts and Contacts tabs and easily manage contacts related to their accounts.

* Add the Accounts and Contacts tabs to your portal.

* Set field level security and page layouts so that delegated portal user administrators can only access the account, contact, and case fields you specify.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

SargeSarge

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the quick response.

Your suggestion for checking the "Delegated Portal user Permission" is a great idea. But, this permission is only available for portal specific profiles (Profile associated to portal license). Whereas I want to use a user record as an portal admin whose profile is in Salesforce license. Also partner portal settings doesnt show up a user in lookup which is under Partner portal user license.

Can the answer be given in requested scenario?

Thanks in advance.

SargeSarge

Hi ,

I finally found the solution. Other than profile permisions "Manage Partners", Access to Accounts, Contacts and Document Folder containg portal Header, it requires to have "Edit Self- Service Users" permission checked in General User permission.

Any ppl having this problem will find this sol useful.

Thanks for all the support.

This was selected as the best answer