function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sebipinnsebipinn 

17.0 released for Eclipse IDE?

Yesterday I couldn't save to server because i was using the orgWideEmailAddressId method in the SingleMail object.  Must've been released recently. All I see when I look for updates is 16.0. Anyone have a clue when they are expecting to release 17? or is there a way that I can force it somehow? I had to make the change directly via the Apex Class editor in Setup.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP

As a one-time-only event, we are not releasing a Force.com IDE version for Winter '10.  The next major IDE release will be for Spring '10 (v18).

Apex classes and triggers can have a different platform version # than the project/IDE version.  In the IDE, open the .class-meta.xml or .trigger-meta.xml file (or with your .class/.trigger file open choose the "Metadata" tab at the bottom of the editor pane).  This XML file identifies the platform version to which the corresponding class/trigger is pegged, and changing the version to 17 will allow you to save you code when you use new Apex language features introduced in Winter '10.

Note that the IDE will not provide code assist for v17 Apex language features; it still only knows about what's in v16.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

All Answers

JonPJonP

As a one-time-only event, we are not releasing a Force.com IDE version for Winter '10.  The next major IDE release will be for Spring '10 (v18).

Apex classes and triggers can have a different platform version # than the project/IDE version.  In the IDE, open the .class-meta.xml or .trigger-meta.xml file (or with your .class/.trigger file open choose the "Metadata" tab at the bottom of the editor pane).  This XML file identifies the platform version to which the corresponding class/trigger is pegged, and changing the version to 17 will allow you to save you code when you use new Apex language features introduced in Winter '10.

Note that the IDE will not provide code assist for v17 Apex language features; it still only knows about what's in v16.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

This was selected as the best answer
sebipinnsebipinn
Thanks for explaining