function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
scohen1347scohen1347 

dump of salesforce database

Hi,

I'm new to salesforce development. I'm trying to look at the data we have in salesforce and figure out how it is currently organized (the developer who set it up is no longer employed at my organization). I'd like to be able to access the database directly preferable through a command-line interface. Is there a way to do that? Any pointers or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Shirley 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mcrosbymcrosby

The Data Loader may be what you're looking for.  You can run it from your desktop and export the data to CSV files, or you can do some configuration and run in from the command line. 

Data Loader Overview: link

It can be downloaded from Setup --> Administration Setup --> Data Management --> Data Loader

Alternately, you could download and install the Force.com Explorer ( Setup --> App Setup --> Develop --> Tools ) to view the schema and run some queries on the data.

HTH.

All Answers

mcrosbymcrosby

The Data Loader may be what you're looking for.  You can run it from your desktop and export the data to CSV files, or you can do some configuration and run in from the command line. 

Data Loader Overview: link

It can be downloaded from Setup --> Administration Setup --> Data Management --> Data Loader

Alternately, you could download and install the Force.com Explorer ( Setup --> App Setup --> Develop --> Tools ) to view the schema and run some queries on the data.

HTH.

This was selected as the best answer
pavan.elthepu1.392651269495206E12pavan.elthepu1.392651269495206E12
Hi,

I understand that. What I need is, salesforce schema(including objects, field definitions. relationships, etc..). Not just data. Similar to mysql dump. Please help me.....
Thomas John 2Thomas John 2
You can contact me for any help and exact questions and answers for the latest Winter 20 certifications at salesforcecertguide2018[at]gmail.com
sfdc analyticssfdc analytics
I have exact all sets of KRYTERION SCREENPRINT dump for Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM201). Contact me - sfdcanalyticsinfoat22@gmail.com