function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dietcoladietcola 

Where is the Content Library?

Hello, all-

My organization was all excited about the Content Library, which we understood to be part of the Winter 2010 release of Salesforce.  But... where is it?  From what I've been reading, one can access the Content Library by clicking on the "Workspace" tab, but I don't have that tab--nor do I have the option to add it.

Any ideas?  We have Enterprise edition, if that helps.

Many thanks!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf

Salesforce Content is not new -- it's actually been there since Spring '09, I think, or maybe even earlier.  In any case, it is an add-on product -- as far as I know it's not included out of the box with any edition.

If you've purchased Content then you should have your admin enable it for your user by checking on the Salesforce CRM Content User box.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf

Salesforce Content is not new -- it's actually been there since Spring '09, I think, or maybe even earlier.  In any case, it is an add-on product -- as far as I know it's not included out of the box with any edition.

If you've purchased Content then you should have your admin enable it for your user by checking on the Salesforce CRM Content User box.

This was selected as the best answer
dietcoladietcola

Ah, then it seems we were mistaken.  Many thanks--I can now stop wasting my time looking for it!

testortestor

According to the Winter '10 notes:

Introduction to Salesforce CRM Content
Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Editions

Doesn't seem to mention it being an option that one needs to purchase.  Demo jocks at Dreamforce said it was being opened up to everyone.  Help page describes how to enable it but doesn't mention a purchase option.  Anyone know the real scoop?

JudiSohn.ax570JudiSohn.ax570

It was announced at Dreamforce last week that Content will be free and included in all editions. Emphasis on future tense.

There is no definitive word on exactly when it will appear in existing orgs, but if I were a bettin' gal I would guess that we'll see it roll out in Spring '10 in early February, give or take.

dietcoladietcola

That's exciting news!  Thank you for the update.

testortestor
Anyone have any links from salesforce.com that suggest it will be a Spring '10 feature rather than a Winter '10 feature, or know why it has its own implementation guide that describes how to enable it in Winter '10? thx