function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike_EMike_E 

Why is Inline editing not available on all of my custom objects

One of my custom objects (Object A) is not allowing inline editing in a list view.  My other custom objects are allowing this feature.  What would cause this feature to not be enabled?  Object A has an approval workflow associated with it.  Even if I deactivate the workflow, the inline editing does not work.

Any help on this is most appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
flewellsflewells
Does your Object A have record types?  If yes, you will need to add filter criteria so that the list view includes only one of the record types.

All Answers

flewellsflewells
Does your Object A have record types?  If yes, you will need to add filter criteria so that the list view includes only one of the record types.
This was selected as the best answer
Mike_EMike_E

Yes; my object A does have an additional record type.  Just now testing, I have further learned that if you have record types, you must explicitly state the record type in the filter.   The "Master" record type does not show up as one that can be selected, AND, you cannot use the "Not Equal To" boolean statement.  Thus, if you decide to create an alternate record type, you should also create one to replace the Master or this inline editing feature (and potentially others) will no be available.

Thank you for your help. 

flewellsflewells
Try leaving adding the filter for record type, but the criteria blank -- I think this will pickup your master record type.