function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
beenerbeener 

Fields available when creating new contact via Lookup

Hi,

I'm required to add the field "Mobile" (as in Mobile phone) to the fields available when creating a New Contact, via Lookup.
I couldn't find where one edits that page's layout.

Can you help please?

Thanks
RickyGRickyG
beener -

If you mean adding the field to a search lookup, you can modify what is available through the Search Layouts option for Contact.

Hope this helps.
beenerbeener
Thank you for your reply.
but this is not what I mean. I am fimiliar with search page layouts.

I'm talking about the following: I would like to be able to populate (fill in, not only view) the Mobile phone field, when creating a new contact. if one uses the normal "Create new contact" this is not a problem. the problem arises when attempting to create a new contact via the Lookup box.

One gets a page layout that I'm unfamiliar with. I don't know where I can edit that layout.

Thanks
RickyGRickyG
Where are you using the Lookup from?
beenerbeener
  • I have created a custom object called "Sites__c". 
  • Sites__c  has a lookup field called "Manager__c" this is a lookup to Contacts.
  • I am using the normal (I.e. not visualforce) detail page for Sites__c
  • I am clicking on the Lookup next to that field.
  • in the lookup window which pops up, I click on "New"
I hope this clarifies.

Thanks so much
AnnekeAnneke

I am looking for the exact same thing...when linking a case to a contact through the contact lookup field, you can also create a new contact. This new contact page does not show the account field, allowing for users to create orphan contacts (which they shouldn't be able to do)...if anyone knows where this page layout resides and how to change it, I'd be very interested to know...

Cheers,

Ann.