function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AAKAlanAAKAlan 

First remote application, need help with field data types

New SalesForce developer - barely treading water despite 20+ years programming!:smileyhappy:

I need to map data from JavaScript to an existing SalesForce object in a remote application. My original data is from a Flash application and I need to update a SalesForce object.

Question 1: What type of data does a Picklist field type take? The text of the actual selection or the relative number of the selection on the options list?

Question 2: What type of data does a Checkbox field type take? "True/False" as text, JavaScript True/False boolean or typical SQL 1/0 as integer?

I can't seem to find this information in any of the guides.

Thank you for any help.

A. A. Katz (Alan)

RickyGRickyG
Alan -

1 - The data string that would appear in the picklist.  Please be aware that picklist limitations are not imposed when adding data through the API - in other words, you can add values that do not appear in the picklist when inserting data from outside of a Force.com application.
2 - I believe is is simply true or false, without quotes.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the platform.  You might want to consider looking at the Developer Guide, which was created for experienced developers like yourself to get an overview of the native functionality of the platform.
AAKAlanAAKAlan
Thank you! That's just what I needed. In fact, I had already coded it that way!